Monday, March 7, 2011

Week Ten- Parsnip!

Week ten on the blog equals week ten in the quarter...Almost there! My beautiful roommate Bri has been frequenting the farmers market lately and coming home with all kinds of goodness... This week she walked in, threw down her backpack and pulled out a huge bag of unidentifiable vegetables. I was instantly excited.
She roasted a bunch of beets, purple potatoes and other wintery vegetables, then I stole a parsnip to make some soup :) I don't think I'd ever seen a parsnip, let alone eaten one, but they are pretty good! Kinda like a carrot with a hint of minty goodness.

All in all- pleasantly surprised by the parsnip. I'm three classes, two finals, one case study and a presentation away from spring break, also known as summer. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the changes that are in my midst. Still feeling peaceful about it all, but dreading the next week of explaining, processing, packing and leaving. I guess I'm just trying to submit to the idea that this is where the Lord has me and the only place I ever want to be is with Him.


love love love from the cucina.

No comments:

Post a Comment