Tuesday, March 29, 2011

No good thing does He withhold

Well after a solid 12 hours of traveling and ten days of wandering through Colorado, I’m home. As the airplane neared Burbank, the fasten seat belt sign came on and the cloudy (or smoggy) horizon appeared I started experiencing an array of emotions.

Coming home has been decided for a while, but up until the wheels hit the ground it seemed far off, a distant lofty idea. I’m caught between mild sadness and extreme peace. Sadness for the fact that “spring break” is over, making this feel a little more permanent. For the fact that I’m not in Seattle living with my best friends. For the reality that I’m not all the way better. And yet, while I sat on the plane with tears in my eyes I felt an overwhelming sense of peace. I don’t know how or why, but the Lord has provided peace in this situation and I am so grateful for it.

I’ve been reading the Psalms a lot lately- they seem to know exactly what my heart needs to hear. Here are some of the favs of the week:

“I sought the Lord and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears; O taste and see that the Lord is good: how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him” 34:4, 8

“Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him and He will do it; Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him” 37:4,5,7

“The Lord gives grace and glory. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly” 84:11

“Return to your rest O my soul. For the Lord has dealt bountiful with you” 116:7

“Revive me Lord, according to your lovingkindness” 119:159

So friends, here we go- a new season of life, a new treatment, and a renewed belief in the God who delivers from fear, provides refuge and rest, gives grace and does not withhold any good thing from those who love Him.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Katie! You are such a great example to all of us women. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you so much. Already missing you and praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete