Wednesday, June 2, 2010

French Alpine Cheese Tomato and Onion Soup with the Rooms

Last night Meg, Kat and I had an impromptu crockpot dinner of french onion tomato cheese soup. I chopped everything up, added it to the pot and headed off to class.

Class yesterday was a bunch of food demos, where everyone in the class demonstrates how to make something (think rachael ray) with nutritional "messages" to go along with it. My partner made green curry chicken, which if i do say so myself was amazing and so easy. I think it went well-our stove only started smoking once :)

http://thaifoodcast.com/recipes/main-course/green-curry-chicken.html

When I got home the "traditional french soup" turned into veggie soup with the quick addition of spinach and broccoli in a matter of seconds. The three of us made some cheesy bread, dished up big bowls of onion/veggie soup, talked about our days, wedding details, and how extremely fast this year has gone. Finals start on Tuesday and we sometime next week. It's crazy how time flies.
Oh how I love my red pot


My wonderful roommate and adopted roommate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment