Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer Lovin

Summer is here and I am loving it! Every year school gets out, the sun comes out to play, BBQ's start up and a weight gets lifted off my shoulders. And every year I always say "I forgot how much I love summer".

This year is no exception.

Life has been crazy with finals, moving, saying goodbye to people and making plans. Yesterday Megan and I unpacked (a lot) and cleaned out our cars then headed over to Red Mill Burgers for a "prize" for all our hard work. I'd never eaten there, and boy did it exceed my expectations. We got it 'to go', went to a nice little park in Magnolia and enjoyed (possibly) the best burger I have ever had. The combo of a wonderful view, amazing food, a great roommate and the sunshine burning my nose brought so much happiness to my life. Anyways, if you live in the Seattle area-go to red mill sometime.


From there, we unpacked a little more and drove out to Lake Tapps for Kat's family get together. Her family never ceases to entertain me and they sure know how to throw a party. I loved getting to spend time with Kat and Stazz one last time, walking down to see the beautiful lake, the sunshine, and of course, the homemade ice cream.

They made raspberry which had actual raspberries in it and vanilla. It was so good and I managed to snag the recipe so I can recreate it.

The finished product

Kat's last cameo on the blog for a while

Uncle David, the maker of the ice cream and the entertaining uncle of the party (there's always one)

As great as the lake was, it was bittersweet. I had to say goodbye to my wonderful friend Kat and her sister. She's grown to be one of my closest friends and it was very sad to say bye. The good news is that I definitely get to see her in October for her wedding! I can't wait. Here's to summer and many more sunny days in the future!!


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm Red Mill is seriously the best burgers around here! Glad you got to try it out!

    ReplyDelete