Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Family, Friends, Fireworks and Food

Sorry I have been completely silent the past few weeks. After moving in, I headed to California to see the family and friends then headed to the lake for a week. Its been a fun trip around, but it's good to be back. I just made my first meal in my new kitchen and could not be happier. It feels so big and luxurious compared to the 204!

It's no secret that I LOVE the 4th of July. I'm not sure what it is-feeling that summer is just getting started, the amazing BBQ and apple pie that is always present or the time I get to spend with family and friends -that gets me, but I just can't get enough of it.

This year I got to spend it at the lake, which let's be honest, is hands down the most beautiful place in the world. The entire week I felt so blessed to be able to spend time with the family, sit on the porch reading, feel good and have fun. Chuck and Patty had their annual party complete with the stars and stripes cake, bbq, grilled veggies, salads, salsas and, of course, smores. It was a wonderful time.

all of chuck and patty's decorations

louzie lou

BK

the annual stars and stripes cake

mama bear

my hot date, miss kacy

day after trip to the snack shack

No comments:

Post a Comment