Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And the winner for week two goes to...


Lemongrass!!

Who the heck has even heard of lemongrass, let alone cooked with it. Well my friends, I can now say that I am one of the few :)


Lemongrass seems to be following me. It's in every magazine I open, every cookbook I open and even comes up in class. With so much air time I figured it was worth a go...Last night was some sort of curry-lemongrass-stir-fry. It's a long stalky thing, that has to be pounded down then minced into small pieces. It was kinda fun trying to figure out how to chop it and what to do with it.

To be honest, I couldn't really taste it so the next try with it will be a little more obvious :)

In other news, the cookbook is still in action. This week was a mushroom spinach quiche-yum! Here's a picture, but if you want the recipe you're just going to have to wait till we are published :)

love love love from the cucina

No comments:

Post a Comment