Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Food of the Week: Serrano Peppers

Were starting the new year off with some spice- literally. I walked past the pepper section yesterday and decided that it is time to experiment with them a little. I love spicey, but have no idea how to cook with a pepper. I did a little research, learning that these bad boys come from Mexico and are used mostly in salsas, ceviche, and chilis.

I stumbled across this recipe that sounded amazing and decided to go for it. I didn't add the olives and didn't have garam masala (which will soon be a food of the week), but besides that stayed pretty true to the recipe, adding a few extra spices. Press On for eight hours and add a little Naan and waahh-laaahhh.
New to the Conklin cucina is my favorite Christmas present: the crockpot :) There are many meals to come in the little guys.



Love love love from the cucina

No comments:

Post a Comment