Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Green Curry Night and Going Home

For the past few weeks I've been gearing up and gathering courage for green curry night. I threw a combination of spices I can't pronounce, coconut milk, eggplant, bok choy, tofu, onions, and peppers into the pot, crossed my fingers and walked away.



Meg and I had a few friends over, which is proving to be my favorite part of this whole process. The food is great, its fun learning to use a crock pot and try new recipes, but the best part is the company that comes with it. And lucky for me, crock pots make a TON of food. Even when it says "serves 4"

In other news, I get to go home tomorrow!!! I don't think I've ever been so excited to see my family, friends and sunshine. The past few weeks have been rough, feeling like I'm fighting for my life everyday- so needless to say I am thrilled to be able to see my family, reunite with friends (shout-out to alex and katie-it's been almost 6 months!), sit in the sun, cook with my mom, laugh with my sister and watch the dodger games with my dad. It's gonna be a good week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment