Friday, May 21, 2010

White Beans with Rosemary and Garlic


I don't know why, but cooking beans seems to be impossible for me. They're either crunchy or too mushy or just flat out taste horrible. So last week I decided to conquer the unattainable task with the wonderful crockpot by my side. It was supposed to be seasoned with sage, but who has fresh sage just lying around their kitchen? Not me.















Lucky for me, our neighboring dorm grows rosemary, so I took a little stroll, slyly stole some rosemary and called it a victory. Who knows if sage and rosemary are similar enough to swap out, but I made an executive decision.



















Three ingredients, four hours and almost no effort later-waa laa-white bean with rosemary and garlic.


Oh and the best part-about five cups of beans for under a dollar. Yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment