Sunday, May 16, 2010

la cucina bianca

This blog exists to document the wonderful world inside of my little white kitchen.

I ordered a cookbook online the other day called "the gourmet vegetarian slow-cooker". When it came in the mail I did a little jig around the house, sat down to look through it and posted-noted most of the book as "must cooks" All the post notes looked a bit silly so I thought "why not just cook all of them?" So here it comes friends, the crock-pot marathon of indian, greek, italian, mexican, and thai food. Sort of a julie/julia type thing, minus the insane amount of butter, foods that I can't pronounce and fires in the kitchen (hopefully). Along with the one-pot wonders, I'm sure other experiments and events will scatter their way into writing. Most importantly, it's here as a way for me to show why I love food and cooking so much. It's a way to show hospitality and love for people around me. It's a way to make new friends, tell the already established ones that you love them, an excuse to hang out and a common bond.

Well, here is it- the long awaited (from me at least) blog about food and the love, friends, family, happiness, laughs, celebrations, joys, conversations and heartaches that come along with it in la cucina bianca....

No comments:

Post a Comment