Thursday, February 17, 2011

learning to delight [in his will]

This past week has brought answers- lots of answers.

It's funny how sometimes answers come in the form of the unexpected. Three weeks ago if you told me (and some did tell me) that I would be taking a quarter off, leaving seattle, moving home and trying a new treatment I would have (and did) respond "there is absolutely no way"

And yet, here I am. Taking a quarter off, leaving seattle, moving home and trying a new treatment. AND completely at peace with it.

I feel as if the Lord has molded these verses to my life lately. I'm trying to wait patiently and I genuinely feel as if He is hearing my cries- my literal cries full of tears and the cries of my heart for direction, peace, healing and encouragement. And now that He has heard my cries and given me peace, the next logical step is to trust in Him and delight in His will.

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
and He inclined to me and heard my cry

He put a new song in my mouth,
a new song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord.
How blessed is the man who has made the Lord his trust

I delight to do Your will, O my God;
Your law is within my heart."

Psalm 40: 1, 3, 4, 8

So here we go, as I talk to professors, figure out how to explain myself, take my leave of absence, dive head-first into this unknown- all while delighting in His will for my life.

May His will be done with joy.


1 comment: