Wednesday, February 16, 2011

new every morning

My mom sent out an email last night, asking friends and family to pray for my gram and gpa. He's moving into an assited care place today and we are all dealing with a world of emotion. Sadness. Relief. Letting Go. Comfort. Pain.

She ended the email with this verse: "This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, Great is Thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21-23

Such a great reminder for all of us- regardless of pain, disappointment, change, the unsteady flow of life- His lovingkindness never ceases and his compassions never fail. They are new every morning and this morning is no exception.

Mom also wrote: "I'm writing because I believe in the power of prayer, as many of you do and I would like to ask you to be in prayer for Mom and Dad over these next few days. I don't imagine this request will be at all burdensome as most of you have been the subject of Mom's and Dad's prayers at one time or another and you have been blessed by them."

If you feel compelled or think about it please be in prayer for my gram, grandpa, and rest of the family today. I can't image the adjustment and change this move will bring for gram, but am praying for a painless day filled with peace and comfort beyond understanding.

love love love from the cucina


No comments:

Post a Comment