Wednesday, August 11, 2010

grand lake breakfasts

This morning Mom tried out a new recipe on the fam called "Carrot Cake Pancakes". It's precisely what it sounds like. Pancakes with carrrots and a bunch of spices that taste like a mix between muffins, cake, and pancakes. We usually don't all eat bfast together, but the lake seems create that sort of atmosphere. We sit at the bar and Mom rattles off every option-french toast, eggs, corn cakes, and today, pancakes. Tay, Dad and I sat at the bar passing butter, agave, syrup, and bananas, chatting and sitting the sunny spots of another lake day.

I love watching my mom try new things in the kitchen. She is the person who taught me to cook and love food, finding as much joy in experimenting with food as I do. Every now and then it's a flop, but most the time her intution and skill pulls through and her experiment turns into our new favorite meal. Today was no exception.


In other news-I am, as always, awestruck by the beauty that sits in front of me here at the lake. It seriously never gets old. I've been reading a lot and today the chapter I read was talking about how sometime to commune with God and feel close to Him we have to remove ourselves from the everyday hussle and bussle and be in awe of His creation. That's what the lake seems to do for me. The huge mountain in our backyard, the variety of animals scampering around, the sound of the water hitting the rocks, the lighting and thunder in the afternoons. It all points directly to Him, creates a grateful heart and reminds me of what a big God I have the priveledge of serving.

2 comments:

  1. i love everything about this blog. God's creation certainly does create a grateful heart!! can't wait to sit in awe with you.

    also, could your mom maybe make those pancakes next week? :)

    ReplyDelete