Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mexican Black Bean Soup and Spanish Quinoa

It's great to be back in Seattle, in my own kitchen, with a roommate who encourages me to try new recipes :)

Last night was the return to the old faithful crockpot with some mexican black bean soup. My attempt to cook through the book has been slow and not so steady this summer, but I'm hoping to start back up more consistently.

So black bean soup it was. Complete with onions, mushrooms, cumin, chile powder, corn and cilantro. A couple hours on high and wah-lah-yummy easy soup.



Tonight we followed along with the whole bean/corn/cilantro theme and made some quinoa concoctions. Quinoa is kinda a forgotten part of my diet, I don't ever think to make it but when I do it's awesome. Tonight I made red quinoa and while that was cooking sauteed some onions and garlic. Added some beans, corn, lime juice, tomatoes and cilantro and bam its a colorful fiesta in the kitchen. It was pretty good if I do say so myself...


Up next is some more fun with cilantro and somehow using a bunch of mushrooms we seem to have acquired...Oh how I love a challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment