Friday, August 27, 2010

More Cilantro and Mushrooms

So the ingredients of the week have slowly become cilantro and mushrooms. First I needed cilantro to try the quinoa recipe, then while walking through the produce isle a box of mushrooms jumped out at me for a mere 88 cents. Who can pass that up?

Both ingredient have yet to let me down this week and they pulled through once again for the finale. Meg's been craving potatoes so today we got some potatoes and I sat down to figure out what to do with them. There's the typical (in our home at least) cut them up and broil them, then i came across an sauteed herb recipe which sounded good but was without the herb part of it. Finally I settled on this little guy.


Baked potatoes with beans, corn, onions, tomatoes, chile powder, cummin, and of course mushrooms and onions on top. We had some corn to use up so the potatoes were served with some corn on the cob and a salad.
Turned out pretty good and there is a ton of leftovers! I'm really liking having new ingredients and experimenting with them, wonder what next week will bring....

No comments:

Post a Comment