Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ice cream, smores, milkshakes and more

The lake was wonderful as always. It never seems to let me down. One of the magical things about the lake is that all the "no sugar" rules of my life go out the window. There is absolutely no judgement if I want to eat ice cream everyday or have an extra smore just because...

One night the first week I was there the Sponseller's came over for smores and a little fire..




There's this little ice cream shop in town that has become the favorite over the years, so much so that it was at my sister's wedding. It's full of chocolate dipped things, candied apples, and of course, lots of ice cream. We got to go with the whole Sponseller clan the night before they left, which was entertaining as always :)





This particular night I got half "death by even more chocolate" and half "peanut butter cup" which is peanut butter ice cream, with chocolate PB cups mixed in. So good!


Another day we branched out and wandered down to Polly's sweet shop, which is just as adorable as it sounds. Megan and Alex wanted milkshakes so we ventured down the boardwalk and we pleasantly surprised with the fact that Polly's makes milkshakes out of any ice cream you want. I stuck to the traditional ice cream cone, which never lets you down :)


I just got home from arizona, which is a whole other blog post and am currently working on getting back into my crockpot cookbook. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment