Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lebanese Eggplant Stew

Last night we reinstated crockpot sunday. I absolutely love crockpot sunday.

Eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, carrots, onions, garlic and a ton of middle east-ish spices. Threw it all it, put it on low, and headed out to church. At this point I should mention that two of the boys joining us for dinner I had never met and therefore felt very uncertain about this particular stew. It sounded great on paper, but in practice it did not look or taste very good...I guess I was bound to get a bad recipe sometime :)



Anyways, we ate the random stew, laughed, got to know each other, drank tea and hung out in the kitchen while digging into the one and only Tillamuck Mudslide.

A great crockpot sunday night, which got me excited for the upcoming year, making new friends, getting new roommates and sharing more meals with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment