Tuesday, August 10, 2010

one month

One month from today, I'm hopping on a plane at SeaTac, meeting up with my parents in Texas and heading to Honduras. I came across Living Water International through a clean water campaign at church in the spring and really felt the Lord leading me to serve with them. I went online, saw when and where there were trips, prayed about it for a few weeks and signed up!

All of this happened back in March, so September felt like it would never come. Over the past few months I've gotten excited, then forgotten about it, remembered it and gotten excited all over again. And now, it's finally coming.

While my dad drills holes to produce a well, my mom and I are going to be on the "health and hygeine team". This means we teach the community leaders how to use the well once it is in place, the value of hand washing, basic nutrition knowledge and basic health knowledge. I'm pretty excited to be on this part of the team and get to interact with the different peolple as we teach them. Since hearing about LWI I have found myself saying, many times, "I've never found something that is so in-line with my passions, what I'm learning in school, what tugs at my heart and my career goals." And that still rings true.

If you think about it please be praying for me, my parents, the team and all the people that we will come in contact with. That we would not only be helpful and bring them clean water, but that they would see the love of Christ through us and be blessed by His work in Honduras.

One month and counting...

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a fantastic journey! LWI is a great nonprofit that I've given to on multiple occasions. You will be in my prayers for sure :)

    ReplyDelete